My approach is to help you find where your voice might be hiding or might be restricted. Some people hold back the power of their voice in their abdomen, some hold back feelings in their chest and some hold back with expression in the area of their face and jaw.
After 10 Find Your Voice Sessions you will be able to: –
- Understand and feel that you know your voice (your unique quality and tone)
- Find your way around your voice (understand pitch by feeling reference points in your body and working with visual patterns)
- Internalise the sensation of rhythm (through awareness of steady beat and movement)
- Connect with your power to have a voice, and your desire to feel sound(words) and express these to other people.
- Be authentic and compose your own music or learn how to interpret other people’s songs from an authentic place.
- Of course you may not need 10 sessions to reach this place – you may need more or less. I am very flexible in my approach and happy to give as many or as few lessons as would like to help you achieve your desired goal.
About Find Your Voice
Find Your Voice isn’t a dance or music class. It is a chance to explore the way you want to express yourself through your body and your voice.
Using our bodies and and voices are the two most fundamental forms of expression that we have. After being born our first cry announces our arrival and connects us with our needs. Our first instinct to move is related to our hunger and need to find solace and connection with our mother.
From here on we are constantly exploring how to express ourselves. using our bodies. and our voices. With our bodies we are discovering what feels natural to us – how to walk, how much we like to use our hands when we speak, how we like to feel held, shake hands, hug to connect with others. With our voices we are constantly exploring how to ask for our needs and how to speak out who we really are so that others will listen to us.
When we lose confidence in ourselves, we stop feeling so present in ourselves and the world. And we stop expressing who we are and we feel undeserving of having our needs met. By having help to reconnect with our bodies and our voices we find our way back to our true selves and our true expression.
How Do I Work?
I use your story with simple sung phrases about anything from your favourite colour to what you are most passionate about, recorded music, backing tracks and our voices. I enable adults and children to open themselves, through play and exploration, to their true expression.
How Will You Feel?
When we find our voice to speak out who we are and can freely express through our bodies, we feel better about ourselves and our lives. We find it easier to give ourselves what we need, to self regulate and to embrace all that is good around us.
You may feel shy or embarrassed but these feelings are just signposts showing that you may have lost your confidence and your voice. We will be vulnerable together and I will help you every step of the way.
What I Charge
£35 per hour session for adults and children.
£40 per hour sessions (adult and child together)
If you are interested and would like me to help you and/or your child please contact me on:-